Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Is This What It's Come To, Then? Vote Bribes?

You know something, I'm really left speechless by this. I just cannot fathom this. How far has my Party fallen already, when the Democratic leadership would stoop so low as to grease the wheels of the ill-advised, uber-controversial, and wrongheaded Iraq bill, with pet projects in order to cheaply gain votes? This is the same crap the country kicked out the Republicans for, not to mention just plain wrong. Is this going to be the new standard?

If this bill that sets an August 2008 deadline for troop withdrawal is so solid, why not let it pass cleanly? Why do votes have to be extorted? Could it be that many of the leadership know that this bill will not, and should not pass otherwise?

This is not what I had in mind, when they talked about a new direction. This crap needs to stop now.

Hat tip: Centerfield

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree that rent seeking politics must stop. But, I am not surprised that Democratic Politicians are choosing to participate in graft. In my observation, there is very little difference betweem Democrats and Republicans. Both parties are in a race to milk the taxpayer inorder to fund special interest.

Anonymous said...

I agree with you and mj graham