Monday, January 08, 2007

Huh? (Never Mind, I Get It)

Let me see if I'm reading this right:

BAGHDAD, Iraq - Saddam Hussein's trial for the killing of 180,000 Kurds in the 1980s resumed Monday with the late dictator's seat empty, nine days after he went to the gallows. The court's first order of business was to drop all charges against Saddam.

Chief Judge Mohammed Oreibi al-Khalifa said the court decided to stop all legal action against the former president, since "the death of defendant Saddam was confirmed."

Huh?! Can someone explain this to me, please?

UPDATE: Never mind. I've since come to the realization that this is a non-story. Things seem bigger than they are at 9am. BTW, a big post is forthcoming that will be my last word on Saddam's trial and execution, and the accompanying hysteria.

1 comment:

Not Your Mama said...

The wheels of bureaucracy go 'round and 'round, 'round and 'round.....