Friday, July 06, 2007

More on Transformers

OK, so obviously some people didn't agree with my assessment of the film. I think we must have been watching different movies. Don't get me wrong, this movie had noticeable flaws, and I say this as die-hard Transformers fan for over twenty years, but it was very good. I think Cooper was entirely too harsh, and her critique reads as a non-fan critique, where as my critique (and my issues with the film are from a fan's perspective.

For the sequel, Michael Bay needs to be as far away from this franchise as possible.

3 comments:

Reel Fanatic said...

How harsh can you really be with a movie about giant robots battling for the future of the Earth? I'm going to see this later today, and just looking forward to tons of mindless fun

DaveG said...

I just thought it was about 30 minutes too long.

Roland Dodds said...

As much as I love Transformers, I just wasn’t thrilled by the movie. I may be one of the few nerds out there who didn’t.